Going through the various Kickstarter projects we’ve backed recently, picking some models from each
to print and test out. From the SciFi Structures Kickstarter, the Space Statin – space_station_repaired.stl.
The space station model is intricate, and standard supports could be very messy to clean up. We’re going to try a smaller line thickness for the supports, so they are both easy to differentiate from the model portions, but also somewhat easier to remove in small or awkward spaces.
The thinner supports were a good choice – cleanup took awhile, but if the supports had been standard thickness, I would have pulled the model apart trying to remove supports. And, of course, being fairly delicate, this model broke rather quickly under regular use from the kids.
- Source: SciFi Structures – All Spaceships Pack
- Maker: @ProjectMobius
- Model: space_station_repaired.stl
- License: Commercial
- Material: Inland Dandelion PLA 1.75mm
- Scale: 100%
- Final Size: 41.5mm x 58.9mm x 41.5mm
- Print Date: 2018/03/12
- Print Time: 7 hours 26 minutes
- Estimated Print Time: 8 hours 6 minutes
- Estimated Filament: 4.4 meters
- Slicer: Cura 3
- Slicer Settings:
- generate support
- Support line width: 0.2mm
- build plate adhesion
- 50% infill
- 0.06mm layers
One Comment Add yours