Let’s print the dragon, just bigger.
This came out beautifully, with only a few loose threads on the overhanging tail, where I should have added a support column. But considering the angle of the tail, that turned out better than I could have expected. At full scale and 0.15mm layers, this is a really nice quality model. This is one of the longest prints I’ve done so far, at 20+ hours spread over two days.
I don’t think this dragon will make an appearance any time soon for our adventurers, but it does give me some ideas of what may be to come.
- Maker: makerslabcz
- Source: Dragon
- Original License: Creative Commons – Attribution
- Model: Dragon_Z.stl
- Scale: 100% of Original
- GCode: –
- Material: Hatchbox Red 1.75mm PLA
- Print Date: 2017/09/25
- Print Time: 20 hours 54 minutes
- Estimated Print Time: 17 hours 40 minutes (PrusaControl 0.9.3_390_beta)
- Estimated Filament: 55.1 meters (PrusaControl 0.9.3_390_beta)
- Slicer: PrusaControl 0.9.3_390_beta
- Slice Settings:
- 0.15mm Layers
- 20% infill, cubic
- Supports on build plate
- Include brim
- Printer: Prusa i3 mk2