I picked up a small roll (0.5kg) of a translucent blue TPE flex filament to try out, and started with a dead simple rectangle as the sample print. Probably wise that I started with something small:
Fairly certain that’s not where the filament is supposed to go. Clipping the loose filament, and opening up the pressure latch for the extruder stepper, I was able to pull out the jammed TPE filament.
View this post on Instagram
Could have been a lot worse- I was able to clear out the knot of TPE and pull enough of the remaining filament out of the feeder to clear the hot end by loading ABS and pushing the TPE out. Also, TPE really doesn’t like getting heated to 255C. #3dprinting #prusai3mk2 #printfail
The filament that remained in the extruder and hot end pushed out cleanly when I setup a spool of ABS and loaded the new filament.