The 10 year old has a group project (we’ve already begun to teach him to despise group projects) at school researching technology in ancient China. Fortuitously we recently visited the Terracotta Army traveling exhibit at the Virgina Museum of Fine Arts, so the topic was fresh in our minds.
As luck would have it, some items from the Terracotta Army have been scanned by Scan the World, including one of the kneeling warriors:
We’ll need to see what else we can find as hands on props for their group project.
This was also a great excuse to break out the Red Copper PLA; terracotta colored PLA seems to exist, but is either very hard to find in stock, or is shockingly expensive.
- Source: Warrior 4 – Terracotta Army
- Maker: Scan the World
- License: Download – Print – Maintain – Share – Attribution
- Material: Tianse Red Copper PLA 1.75mm
- Print Date: 2018/01/13
- Print Time: 5 hours 38 minutes
- Estimated Print Time: 5 hours 40 minutes
- Estimated Filament: 18.2 meters
- Slicer: Cura 3
- Slicer Settings:
- 0.15mm layers
- Use supports
- 20% infill